If you work on a desktop, you probably know how tired your eyes feel at the end of the working day. In many children and adults, screen time can lead to computer vision syndrome also known as digital eye strain. The common symptoms include headaches, blurred vision, dry eyes, and eye strain, neck and shoulder pain. To have detailed information on it, consult the best eye hospital in Gurgaon.
Whether the bulk of your device use is spent in an office, in a classroom, or at home, here are some tips that can offer relief.
- Schedule a comprehensive eye exam: The initial step is to keep your eyes healthy by visiting the best eye specialist in Gurgaon for a comprehensive exam. While you are there, make sure to mention how much screen time you do.
- Follow the 20/20/20 rule: If you tend to spend long hours in front of digital devices, make sure to take a 20-second break every 20 minutes and try to focus your eyes on an object placed at least 20 feet away.
- Be conscious of how often you blink: When you are working on a laptop, the blink rate decreases, which can lead to dry eyes and blurry vision. To help prevent this, try to make an effort to blink more often when using your digital devices.
- Rethink your lighting: Glare is not your pal. In order to avoid it, position your desktop screen away from fluorescent lights and consider floor lamps instead of overhead lighting. You can also prevent glare from outdoor light by using curtains.
- Check display settings: Avoid straining your eyes by adjusting the brightness of the screen so that it matches the light around the eyes. In case the screen of the device looks like a light source, it is too bright. If it looks grey, it is too dark. Text size and contrast make a difference too. Basically, one needs to adjust the height of your chair so that your feet rest flat on the floor.
- Use a document holder: If you are looking back and forth between your diary and your screen, use a document holder. Paperwork should be placed below your device but above your keyboard and should be placed at an angle in front of the computer screen.
If you are concerned about eye strain, contact Viaan Eye and Retina Centre today. You can schedule your initial consultation appointment by simply calling on 91 9958065151 / +91 9560697627.